Maximise Energy Efficiency with Fox AC Coupled 5-15kWh Energy Storage System
An AC Coupled Energy Storage System empowers you to store energy from affordable sources like solar panels and off-peak Octopus mains power, offering a viable alternative to exporting power at low feed-in tariffs or relying on expensive peak-rate electricity.
The Government recently announced Zero VAT on new residential energy storage batteries when purchased from your installer. Take advantage of our cost effective battery installation service (starting at just £199) and eliminate VAT on your battery installation! Click here to request a quote or contact us via live chat or call 020 8064 0335 for live expert advice.
The Fox ESS AC Coupled 5-15kWh Energy Storage System, featuring a 5.0kW AC Charger Inverter (5.12kWh/5.0kW AC Coupled ESS), includes:
- 2x - 6x Fox ESS HV2600 2.56kWh High Voltage Battery V2
- 1x Fox ESS AC1 5.0kW AC Charger Inverter
- 1x Fox ESS HV BMS-V2 High Voltage Battery Management System
- 3x - 7x Fox HV Battery Brackets (pair)
This 5-15kWh/5.0kW AC Coupled ESS efficiently manages energy consumption, ensuring a stable electricity supply and reducing costs by charging the battery with low-priced Octopus electricity. Paired with a Grid-Backup ESS and a private power source like on-grid solar panels, it provides uninterrupted 24/7 home power.
The 5.0kW AC1 Charger Inverter seamlessly integrates with an external backup generator, ensuring a continuous electricity supply during prolonged grid outages when the battery storage is emptied.
- Fox ESS HV2600 2.56kWh HV Battery V2 is a high-performance, scalable battery storage module. The modular design allows for maximum flexibility with storage. Additional batteries can be installed in series, allowing a maximum storage capacity of 20.48kWh (1 master and up to 7 slaves). Installation is easy, with a plug-and-play solution that can save valuable time for installers. The batteries have a 98% charge/discharge efficiency and 90% depth of discharge. The batteries have a cycle life of over 4000 cycles.
- Fox ESS AC1 5.0kW AC Charger Inverter is a high-quality inverter which converts solar energy to AC energy which is stored in a battery. The inverter can be used to optimise energy consumption, store energy in the battery for future use or feed energy into the energy grid. System advantages:
- Advanced DSP control technology
- Utilises the latest high-efficiency power components
- Advanced anti-islanding
- Max. efficiency up to 97.8%, THD<3%
- Export limitation (CT/Meter/DRM0/ENSTOP)
- WiFi remote control (with WiFi dongle installed)
- Fox ESS AC1 5.0kW AC Charger Inverter has four work modes:
- Self-use: The battery will discharge for local loads first, and the grid will supply power when the battery capacity is not enough.
- Feed in priority: In the case of an external generator, the power generated will be used to supply the local loads first, then export to the grid. The redundant power will charge the battery.
- Force time use: This mode is used in the area which has peak and off-peak prices. The user can use off-peak electricity to charge the battery. The charging and discharging time can be set flexibly, and this also allows one to choose whether to charge from the grid or not.
- Back up (EPS) mode: When the grid experiences an outage, the system will supply emergency power from PV or a battery to supply the home loads.
- The Fox ESS 5-15kWh AC Coupled Energy Storage System has been designed to work seamlessly with smart Octopus tariffs. The first energy supplier to offer such a tariff is Octopus Energy, but the Fox energy storage system also works perfectly with any other energy provider. The Fox energy storage system can be controlled automatically to take advantage of Plunge Prices and super cheap prices. With solar panels and the battery storage system, your electric unit price can be drastically reduced!
Fox ESS HV BMS-V2 High Voltage BMS is a communication module which is required for each stack of HV2600 batteries. The use of the FoxESS BMS battery control system extends battery life, which is a very profitable investment. It reduces the risk of failures related to energy storage in batteries. It also allows you to constantly monitor the charge level. It is distinguished by compact dimensions, a wide operating range in terms of voltage and temperature, as well as the presence of RS485 and CAN communication interfaces. Weight 8.75kg.
- Fox HV Battery Brackets allow vertical stacking of the HV2600 batteries. 1 pair of battery brackets per battery is required.
- 1-2 WORKING DAYS DELIVERY within the UK (longer to the Highlands, islands and Northern Ireland).
- 2x - 6x Fox ESS HV2600 2.56kWh High Voltage Battery V2,
- 1x Fox ESS AC1 5.0kW AC Charger Inverter,
- 1x Fox ESS HV BMS-V2 High Voltage Battery Management System, and
- 3x - 7x Fox HV Battery Brackets (pair).