Off-Grid All-in-one 1500W Solar Panel Kit consists of 1500W Solar Power Generator and 3x 380W Rigid Solar Panel or 3x 360W Portable Folding Solar Panel (custom quantities of solar panels are available on request).
The Solar Power Generator is charged using the Solar Panels, stabilises voltage with PWM Solar Controller 12V 40A, stores it in the 3072Wh (25.6V 120Ah) LiFePO4 Battery, and delivers up to 1500W (Surge 4500W) AC + DC power to the user's devices and appliances at home, garden office, sheds, cabin, industrial and construction site, or camping with 1.5kW 24V pure sine wave inverter. The battery can also be charged from mains.
This 1500 Watts solar panel kit is designed to provide you with everything you need to build a 1500W solar generator. It can be used to take your home off the grid, for trips, in sheds or other off-grid installations. From high efficiency premium modules to efficient inverters and durable batteries, this 1500 Watt solar kit includes high quality, safe components for your off grid installation.
Three years' warranty is included.
- USE 3x 360W FOLDABLE or 3x 380W RIGID SOLAR PANELS AS MAIN POWER SOURCE (AND/OR MAINS AS AUXILIARY POWER SOURCE) to charge the 1500W Solar Generator. For stationary applications the best option is using the Ground Mounted Kit consisting of 3x 380W Rigid Solar Panels installed on the ground with 3x Renusol ConSole+ Ground Mounts.
- RECHARGE 15%--100% WITH 3x 380W SOLAR PANEL WITHIN 4-5 HOURS (the actual time of recharging depends on the actual sunlight intensity and panel position).
- POWER 10 DEVICES SIMULTANEOUSLY UP TO 1500W IN TOTAL The 1500W Solar Generator includes four 5V DC USB ports, four ВС5521 12VDC ports, and two 230V AC mains style sockets. With up to 10 devices running, you will always feel right at home.
- BUILT-IN UPS FUNCTION The kit includes an uninterruptible power supply unit, which means it can automatically power your devices without shutting off even during a power outage.
- INCLUDES DSP INTELLIGENT CONTROL CHIPSET & FAULT CODE DISPLAY TO MONITOR REAL-TIME WORK CONDITIONS Process monitoring and fault diagnosis are a vital part of this innovative and modern automatic operation management system.
- 3 WORKING MODES:
- AC PRIORITY MODE - All AC loads connected to the Solar Generator are powered from the mains; the battery is charging at the same time; if the mains fail, the power is switched to the battery; switching time is less than 4ms.
- ENERGY SAVING MODE - Suitable for variable loads; if the total load drops below 10% of the rated load, AC power is automatically turned off; if the load restores to > 10%, AC power will be restarted.
- BATTERY PRIORITY MODE - All AC loads connected to the Solar Generator are powered from the battery; if the battery is fully discharged, the power is switched to the mains.
- FREE NEXT WORKING DAY DELIVERY within the UK (longer to the Highlands, islands and Northern Ireland) if ordered by 14:45 on a weekday.
1500W Solar Power Generator includes:
Solar Charge port (*1): Connected to the solar pane(s) 900 -1400W 30-44V;
AC Charge port (*1): Connected to the mains 220-240VAC 50Hz;
Dimensions and Weight (without solar panels)
Product Size: 58cm*22cm*52cm
Package Weight: 54.1kg
- 1500W All-in-one Solar Generator X 1
- MC4 to Anderson Plug Solar PV Cable X 1
- AC Charging Cable X 1
- User Manual X 1
- 360 Portable Folding Solar Panels X 3, or 380W Rigid Solar Panel with or without Renusol ConSole+ Ground Mount X 3, delivered separately.
Don't see an answer to your question? Call us on 020 8064 0335 or email email@example.com.
1. WHAT IS THE BATTERY CAPACITY OF THE 1000W SOLAR GENERATOR?
The 1500W Solar Generator has a LiFePo4 battery capacity of 3072Wh (120Ah @ 25.6V). Lithium iron phosphate batteries (LiFePO4) offer lots of benefits compared to other lithium batteries. These include a longer life span, no maintenance, extremely safe, improved discharge and charge efficiency, just to name a few. LiFePO4 batteries are not the cheapest in the market, but due to their long life span and zero maintenance, they offer industry leading lifetime costs of ownership. Lithium iron phosphate batteries are specially developed to handle high discharge currents. You can easily start heavy engines or use several electrical devices at the same time on your boat or RV.
2. WHAT IS THE LIFESPAN OF THE BATTERY?
1500W Solar Generator’s LiFePO4 battery is designed for >2000 cycles, which means a 10+ years lifespan.
3. HOW CAN I GET THE LONGEST LIFESPAN FROM THE BATTERY?
1. Keep it within 20–30°C (68–86°F) and away from water and heat.
2. For safety reasons, do not store 1500W Solar Generator above 45°C (113°F) or below −10°C (−14°F) for extended periods.
3. LiFePO4 batteries should be “topped off” after each use. For greatest longevity, we recommend not fully discharging the battery nor overcharging by leaving it connected to a charger well beyond its full charge cycle. Remember that over the long term, the battery has a limited number of charge and discharge cycles with “one cycle” being either a complete charge and discharge cycle, or a cumulative of both to add up to a full cycle.
4. LiFePO4 batteries can be discharged up to 100% of their capacity. However, to optimise the performance of your LiFePO4 battery, to achieve a higher life cycle, and to avoid the BMS disconnecting the battery, we recommend limiting the discharge to 80%.
4. WHAT ARE THE BATTERY CARE AND STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS?
1. Recommended storage temperature: -5 to +35°C. Storage up to 1 month: -20 to +60°C. Storage up to 3 months: -10 to +35°C.
2. It is recommended to store LiFePO4 batteries indoors when not in use. It is also recommended to store LiFePO4 batteries at about a 50% state of charge (SOC). If batteries are stored for long periods of time, cycle the batteries at least once every 6 months. Do not store batteries that are discharged.
3. Disconnect a LiFePO4 battery from mains or solar charging panels before placing it into storage. LiFePO4 batteries have a low self-discharge rate of 2% a month. To prevent a higher rate of discharge, we recommend disconnecting all power drawn from your batteries. When you store LiFePO4 batteries, it is important that you store them with a state of charge (SOC) of approximately 50%.
5. CAN 1000W SOLAR GENERATOR USE AN EXTRA BATTERY?
1500W Solar Generator doesn't support extra batteries.
6. WHEN TO CHARGE MY LIFEPO4 BATTERY?
If LiFePO4 batteries are not fully discharged, they do not need to be charged after each use. LiFePO4 batteries are not damaged when left in a partial state of charge (PSOC). You can charge your LiFePO4 batteries after each use or when they have been discharged up to 80% DOD (20% SOC). If the Battery Management System (BMS) disconnects the battery due to low voltage (less than 8V), remove the load and charge immediately. Please note that we recommend storing battery at 50% state of charge (SoC) to minimise irreversible capacity loss.
PWM SOLAR CONTROLLER
1. WHAT IS A PWM SOLAR CONTROLLER?
The solar charge controller is used to regulate the battery charging and discharging process in the solar panel/battery system. Its main function is to control the charging current flowing from the PV panel to the battery, and keep the current not too large to prevent the battery pack from overcharging.
There are two types of solar controllers: MPPT solar controller and PWM solar controller. MPPT stands for Maximum Power Point Tracking, which is a technology to track and regulate the output energy from solar panels to batteries. PWM stands for Pulse Width Modulation, a technology that modulates the pulse width under specific rules to change the voltage and frequency of the solar panel's output energy to charge the battery. MPPT controllers offer higher efficiency rates, and 3-stage charging that extends battery life, but are more expensive; while the PWM controllers have a simple structure, mature and reliable technology, are cheap and cost-effective, but the conversion rate is lower than that of MPPT pairs.
2. HOW DOES A PWM CONTROLLER WORK?
PWM controllers work by slowly reducing the amount of power going into your battery as it approaches capacity. When your battery is full, PWM controllers maintain a state of “trickle”, which means they supply a tiny amount of power constantly to keep the battery topped off. They are especially suited for lithium-iron-phosphate batteries as once fully charged the controller then stays at the set float or holding voltage of around 13.6V (3.4V per cell) for the remainder of the day.
3. IS A PWM CONTROLLER RIGHT FOR ME?
A PWM charge controller is a good low-cost solution for small systems, when solar cell temperature is moderate to high (between 45°C and 75°C). To fully exploit the potential of an MPPT controller, the array voltage should be substantially higher than the battery voltage.
4. WHAT ARE THE MAIN SPECIFICATIONS OF THE 1500W SOLAR GENERATOR’s PWM SOLAR CONTROLLER?
Voltage and amperage (or current) are the main parameters we use in solar charge controller sizing. The solar controller must be capable of accepting the voltage and current produced by solar panels and delivering the proper voltage and current to the battery. In fact, 1500W Solar Generator’s PWM solar controller is sized of 24V and 40A.
AC AND SOLAR CHARGING
1. HOW CAN I CHARGE THE UNIT? HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CHARGE MY 1500W SOLAR GENERATOR?
The 1500W Solar Generator supports two charging methods: mains charging and solar charging, which can be used simultaneously:
Voltage of AC charging input: AC 220-240V (50Hz)
AC Charging current: 20A
AC charging time: 120Ah : 20A = 6 hours
Charging with solar panel
Solar charging input 900-1400W 30-44V DC charging current 40A (maximum)
2. WHAT TO DO IF CHARGING POWER IS LOW?
1. If the temperature is too high, turn off the 1500 Solar Generator or stop the load, and let 1500W Solar Generator cool down for some time
2. If the temperature is too low, place 1500W Solar Generator in a place with high surrounding temperature or with electrical appliances to discharge for a while, let the battery heat up before charging.
3. The charging power of the Solar Generator is related to the SoC of the battery. When the machine starts charging from 0% or is about to be fully charged, it is normal that the charging power gets lower.
3. IS SIMULTANEOUS AC AND SOLAR CHARGING SUPPORTED?
Yes, both AC and Solar charging can be carried out at the same for charging.
4. IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE OTHER PRODUCTS TO CHARGE 1500W SOLAR GENERATOR?
No, you can only charge using your home grid and/or solar panels.
5. DOES IT SUPPORT AC CHARGING WHILE USING?
No. You need to disconnect all loads from the 1500W Solar Generator before charging.
6. WHY 1500W SOLAR GENERATOR CANNOT TURN ON?
1. Check if it is caused by insufficient battery. If it is, charge and turn it on again. If the charging fails, please follow the instructions on charging failures.
2. If there is no response after you press the Power Button for 1 second, please contact Energian Customer Service.
7. WHAT TO DO IF NO CHARGING OCCURS?
1. The charge temperature is too high. The charge temperature of 1500W Solar Generator is between 0℃ and 45℃. If you have used 1500W Solar Generator with high wattage appliances for a long time, please charge it after it cools down.
2. The charge temperature is too low. The charge temperature of 1500W Solar Generator is between 0℃ and 45℃. If the ambient temperature is too low and the cell temperature is lower than 0℃, please move 1500W Solar Generator to a warmer place.
3. The charging voltage or current is too low. Please charge the device according to the charging standard specified in Question 1.
4. Change the charging method or cable. For example, if solar charging doesn’t work, it can mean that the solar panel or MC4 cable is broken. You can try charging 1500W Solar Generator again with another MC4 cable or solar panel.
5. If all the above solutions cannot solve your problem, please contact Energian Customer Service and provide a video of your charging problem.
1500W SOLAR GENERATOR OUTPUT POWER
1. WHAT ARE 1500W SOLAR GENERATOR OUTPUTS?
1500W Solar Generator supports AC output, USB output, 12V DC output: total of 3 outputs methods, providing a total of 10 output ports:
1. AC output port - 2 pcs
Parameters: rated power 1500W, peak value 4500W, 220V, AC 50Hz
2. USB-A port - 4 pcs
Parameters: 20W max, 5V, DC 1A
3.DC5521 port - 4 pcs
Parameters: 240W max, 12V, DC 5A
2. IS THE 100% PURE SINE WAVE USED IN THE 1500W SOLAR GENERATOR OUTPUT?
Yes, the 1500W Solar Generator has pure sine wave AC output, but it contains a certain ratio of harmonics. The harmonic rate of 1500W Solar Generator products is as low as 3%.
3. WHAT ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES ARE SUPPORTED BY 1500W SOLAR GENERATOR?
1500W Solar Generator supports all appliances which have a rated power within the standard 1500W Solar Generator output power range of 1500W. You can find the appliance rated power in the user manual or on the nameplate, or it can be calculated according to the formula W=U*I (rated voltage multiplied by rated current). Note that since the start-up power and continuous power of different products brands are different, it depends on the actual measurement to determine whether it can be supported.
4. WHAT TO DO IF 1500W SOLAR GENERATOR CANNOT POWER ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES?
1. First, please check whether the output power of 1500W Solar Generator can meet the charging power requirements of your appliances.
2. In case of an alarm code on the LCD screen, take action as described in the User Manual (Section 7) for this code.
5. WHAT TO DO IF THE USAGE TIME OF AN ELECTRICAL APPLIANCE IS TOO SHORT?
As the power of each electrical appliance is different, the discharge efficiency of 1500W Solar Generator is less than 100%. Hence, the actual usage time of electrical appliances may be shorter than the theoretical time. The discharge efficiency should be calculated based on the continuous power of your appliances. If you have any questions, please provide the specifications of your appliances to Energian Customer Service for a calculation.
6. WHAT TO DO IF THE LOSS OF POWER OF 1500W SOLAR GENERATOR IS TOO QUICK?
Check if there are any high-power electrical appliances connected. 1500W Solar Generator's battery capacity is 3072Wh. Normally, if the power of connected electrical appliances is ~1kW and the battery is discharged from 100% to 20%, the 1500W Solar Generator's battery will run out in about 1.6 hour.
7. WHAT TO DO IF NO OUTPUT OF USB-A PORTS OCCURS?
1. Change to a different USB-A port, and confirm whether it is just the problem of a single port.
2. Replace the USB cable to check whether the cable is faulty
3. If there is no output from the USB port after checking the above methods, provide a video explaining the fault and contact Energian Customer Service service
1500W SOLAR GENERATOR SOLAR PANEL CHARGING
1. WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM SOLAR CHARGING INPUT TO 1000W SOLAR GENERATOR?
Solar charging input 900-1400W 30-44V DC 40A (maximum)
2. HOW QUICKLY WILL YOUR 300W/360W SOLAR PANELS CHARGE THE 1500W SOLAR GENERATOR’s 120AH BATTERY?
Our 360W folding solar panel generates a maximum current of 10.0A at STC (solar irradiance is 1000W/m2 @ 25°C). However actual solar irradiance differs from the STC significantly for various UK locations (see Fig. b). For the UK a maximum solar irradiance in observed from May to July. For example, in London May-July’s monthly solar irradiance is approx. 142 kWh/m2. If the actual daily sunshine hours in London were used in May-July for the period 2015-2021 (see here), then the average actual solar irradiance in London was 759 W/m2 in May, 853 W/m2 in June, and 740 W/m2, respectively. The average value is 784 W/m2. These data are approximate because they do not account for current generation on cloudy days.
Therefore, the current of our 360W folding solar panel for charging the 1500W Solar Generator battery might be lower, about 10.0A * (784/1000) = 7.84A * PWM solar panel efficiency (85%) = 6.66A. So as a rough estimate, to charge the 120Ah battery from 20% to 100% using 3x 360W folding solar panel in parallel will need (0.8*120Ah) / (3*6.66A) = 4.8 hours of charging. This period will be longer in cloudy weather.
Respectively, our 380W rigid solar panel generates a maximum current of about 11.02A * (784/1000) = 8.6A * PWM solar panel efficiency (85%) = 7.3A. So as a rough estimate, to charge the 120Ah battery from 20% to 100%, 3x 380W rigid solar panel in parallel will need (0.8*120Ah) / (3*7.3A) = 4.4 hours of charging. This period will be longer in cloudy weather.
Of course, this is only a high-level estimate - in reality many factors play a role, such as temperature, the angle of the solar panel relative to the sun etc.
3. DOES IT SUPPORT SOLAR CHARGING WHILE USING?
Yes, 1500W Solar Generator supports charging and discharging when charging in with solar panels. However, when the battery of the 1500W Solar Generator is low or is about to run out, it is best not to output while connecting to DC charging (solar charging); at this time, if the input of the power is less than or equal to the output power, the device will continue to consume power, which may result in power loss and eventually damage the battery.
4. HOW TO CONNECT SOLAR PANELS - IN SERIES OR PARALLEL?
The solar panels can be used in series if the total voltage and current are not more than 30-44V and DC 40A, respectively. According to the specific parameters, it can be connected in parallel or in serial connection, but usage of solar panels with different wattages is not recommended.
5. WHAT TO DO IF SOLAR PANELS DO NOT WORK?
1. Solar panels must be placed outdoors for use. If placed indoors, this function cannot be used.
2. Check whether there is any problem with the connection method or connection cables, remove incorrect connections or cables, and try again.
3. The total voltage and current which is used, should not be more than 30-44V DC 40A. Please confirm whether the connected voltage and current are within this range and check whether the positive and negative poles are connected reversely.
6. WHAT IS THE OUTPUT POWER OF THE SOLAR PANEL IN VARIOUS WEATHER CONDITIONS?
1. Sunny weather: high light intensity and angle is vertical: the output power is about 80% of the rated power. Taking a 380W solar panel as an example, the actual output power is about 300W
2. Cloudy - May-July: 60~100W
3. Cloudy - other months: 20~30W Charging with solar power is not recommended. (The standby power of the device may be greater than the solar input power, which may cause damage to the battery of the device.)
4. Rainy day, night: 0W Do not connect to solar panels for charging. (Consumption of the standby power is higher than the input power, causing the battery voltage to leak and affect the battery life.)
7. WHY IS THE CHARGING POWER OF MY SOLAR PANEL SO LOW?
1. The charging power may be influenced by sunlight intensity and angle:
2. You can use the solar panel between 9:00am and 3:00pm when the sun's rays are strongest. Avoid using it on a cloudy day in the months August - April or putting it in a shady place.
3. Place the solar panel at a 90° to the sunlight so that the area receiving the sunlight is as large as possible, and the solar charging power is high.
1500W SOLAR GENERATOR EMERGENCY POWER SUPPLY (EPS) MODE
1. WHAT IS THE EPS MODE?
When your 1500W Solar Generator is plugged into the wall socket, any electronics plugged into 1500W Solar Generator are powered from the grid and not its battery. In EPS mode, when the battery power is between 97% and 100%, the AC input will not charge the battery. When the power is below 97%, the AC input will be used as a bypass output and will also charge the battery. When power from the grid stops, as in a blackout, 1500W Solar Generator automatically switches to battery power within 4ms.
2. IS 1500W SOLAR GENERATOR EPS MODE THE SAME AS UPS FUNCTION?
1500W Solar Generator uses a non-universal UPS function and is only used as an EPS. When you connect the grid power to the AC Input Port of the product through an AC cable, you can power electrical devices through the AC Output Port (AC power will come from the grid and not the power station in this situation). In case of a sudden blackout, the product can automatically switch to the battery powered supply mode within 4ms. As a basic UPS function, this function does not support 0ms switching. Please do not connect the product to any device that requires 0ms UPS, such as data servers and workstations. Please test and confirm the compatibility before using the product. We recommend that you only charge one device at a time and avoid using multiple ones at the same time to avoid overload protection.
Click on ► to watch SOLAR POWER GENERATOR Video Review